One of the global issues today is the enormous use of plastics that definitely can harm marine life and the ocean. Having eco-friendly travel by avoiding plastics helps a lot.
Traveling and Plastics
We all know that people in the world including us have been using tons and tons of plastics in daily life. This becomes nothing if the plastic itself is harmless. When we realize that there are so many negative things about plastics, undoubtedly, we should do something about it.
Plastics in fact never go away.
It also can attract pollutants, give bad effects to our health, spoil our groundwater, poison our food chains, threaten wildlife, etc. Those who love traveling, you can start by booking a sustainable travel provider which will avoid the use of plastic bottles.
Independent travelers can help save the earth from the danger of plastics by doing the tips below.
What to do to avoid plastics when traveling
- You will need water wherever you go, so the best thing to do to avoid single-use water bottles is to carry your own refillable water bottles. Remember, you should buy a water bottle that is made from a great material that won’t give any harms. It will save you money as well. Why? Every time you come to a public place like an airport, you can refill your water bottle. Eco-friendly travel includes the use of a traveler’s water filter because not all countries in the world have the water that we can drink directly from the tap. In the online or offline shops of travel tools, you’ll find this kind of water filter. So, if you have it, wherever you are, you can drink water safely.
- Trying local street foods and drinks is a must to do when traveling. Say no if the sellers use plastic containers. Use your own eco-friendly containers you bring from home.
- When you are at eateries, avoid the use of plastic straws for your drinks. Bring your own straws made from bamboo woods or stainless steel.
- It is a must for you to make sure that you have prepared a wooden toothbrush with changeable head, bars of soap, and bars of shampoo. Those two won’t need plastic containers, right?
- If you travel to South East Asia or South America where the use of plastic packages is still high, it is better for you to bring your own bag when you decide to go shopping, especially at a traditional market.
- Wherever you are in your destination, especially if you are at a mountain, a garden, or a beach, it is great if you just help pick up any things made from plastic such as bottles, containers, wrappers, caps, etc, that you find there.
You feel good when you can take part in creating a blue planet without plastics, don’t you think so? Besides, what you should do to take part in the war of plastic isn’t really hard. Hopefully, the article talking about eco-friendly travel can give you the inspiration to try to eliminate the use of plastic in your daily life.